Monday, September 10, 2012

The Happy Client: Kristin & Peter, Upper West Side


After almost a year at his Upper West Side apartment (featured here), Peter, his wife Kristin Rose of Oleander for Home and I are searching for a new apartment (actually, we have an application on one). Moving from Ottawa last year for a new position in Soho,  I met after he reached out to a few agents (including me) to help in his search for a NYC apartment...I was a bit late in my response, but after no follow-up from the agent he had engaged for his search (I had sent a "good luck" email and a list of documentation he'd need to secure an apartment here) he asked if I would help find he a Kristin and apartment. I did and the rest is history! We found a doorman, elevator building literally steps from Central Park which they've decorated in a modern meets traditional, fun meets elegant decor that feel spacious and comfortable.


For their new apartment (his building was sold this year, so moving out was a must), I focused on finding a one bedroom. After viewing a few walk-ups, Peter explained that he was happy with what he has now and that a good-sized studio in a doorman buidling would fit the bill. I can see why- by "zoning" his studio with area rugs, Kristin and Peter were able to create a sleeping/ dressing area, a living and dining space. Each area complements the next and with eggplant, chartreuse and grey "pops of color" throughout, each zone informs the next with both color and functional cues. "Look at the pattern in the bedding," explained Kristin. "If you look closely, all of the colors of the bedding are reflected throughout the apartment." It is and it works! In a month or so, you'll be able to see the new studio in my first "before and after". In the meantime, check out Kristin's Ottawa store, Oleander for Home, for the exquisite bedding, table and bath linens, kitchen and bath accessories that give this apartment it's luxurious feel.








1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place! Love those chartreuse chairs in particular.

    ReplyDelete