Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In the Dark: Greenwich Village



I've been meaning to write a blog entry about dark walls and paint colors in apartments that are more or less "blank slates"- the bigger, post-war spaces that have parquet floors, no decorative moldings or architectural elements. If your willing to have it painted (warning, if you're a renter, you'll have to paint them back to the original wall color before you leave or hand-over all or some of your security deposit), it really adds a good deal of drama! The photos I took (below) were of a one bedroom in a building that I really like in Greenwich Village near 14th Street. It's a doorman, elevator building and, when I went to shoot the vacant apartment, they hadn't gotten around to painting it- it looked great! I listed a unit in that very building today (they are gut renovating the unit, so I'll post those pix at the end of the week), but I'll use it as an excuse to show you some inspiration!










2. I have no idea where I grabbed this from, but I love it and will attribute soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment