Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cutting it Close: West Village

What? Fsc Barber
Where? 5 Horatio Street, West Village
Why? Great cut, great atmosphere and great value


 A great barber is like a great dentist- they are hard to find, help you look great and make sitting in that chair a painless process. When you find one, you stick with him. With that said, I get my haircut at Freeman's in the West Village and, although I initially tried it because I like the brand (love the restaurant and have a tweed blazer that I always get compliments on), I keep going because of the value ($40.00 for a cut). These guys know what they are doing and though the wait is usually longish, you can kick back and read a magazine or catch up on texts and emails in a perfectly appointed, antique fixtured barber shop that your grand pop would have felt comfortable in. Hipsters to suits, bankers to fashion execs sit side by side in perfect, coiffed harmony.


 Japanese Clown Jacket, Freemans Sporting Club

 Storefront, 8 Rivington Street

 Burnished Brown Calf Strand, Freeman's Sporting Club

Restaurant, 8 Rivington Street, via New York Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment