Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Happy Client: Hell's Kitchen/ Clinton


When I went back to visit Daniel, fully moved-in and settled in his pre-war one bedroom, I was surprised. Even for a much higher price, it's a roomy little apartment with a big kitchen (eat-in), living room with exposed brick and a bedroom with closet space and enough room for a dresser, queen-size bed, night table and his bike! How would I describe the look? Comfortable, clean and not fussy. A triathlete, medals hang in the kitchen and his bike rests on the wall in the bedroom- while there is evidence of his athletic interests, he never crosses over the line to "bachelor pad". Instead, it seems balanced, integrated, cheerful and, well, very Daniel.







Who? Daniel, Occupational Therapist, NYU
What? One Bedroom Walk Up in Hell's Kitchen / Clinton
How? Quickly! Daniel and I looked at about 6 apartments: 2 in Chelsea, 1 in the West Village and 3 in Clinton- the last apartment was the winner. In his price range, the downtown apartments were studios, so he jumped on the renovated one bedroom with an eat-in kitchen and queen-size plus bedroom.  
Best Thing about the Apartment? "I really love the one bedroom...I love being able to close my door. If I have guests or friend's staying, I can close the door and we have our own space." Daniel thought for a minute, "I love the exposed brick and I love that there is space for everything, so I keep it clean. You should have seen my old apartment...there just wasn't space, so clothes were everywhere."
Worst Thing about the Apartment? "Hmmm...the outlets are a problem, they're just not were I want them to be.., but nothing really. I really like it here"
Best Thing about the Search? "Fast!!"
Worst Thing about the Search? "Waiting in line to see that dirty little apartment in Chelsea."

No comments:

Post a Comment