Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Happy Client: Soho


I truly believe that your apartment is a clear reflection of who you are and my visit to jewelry designer Lauren's Soho studio only reinforced that belief. It's a little jewel box (yup, I had to use that analogy): sparkling and feminine in cool greys, creams and pastels with a shimmer of metallic. It is a small space, but Lauren has created an uncluttered, elegant home that has wonderful "moments" throughout- small vases of flowers and sparkling picture frames, crystal lamps and family photos.






Who? Lauren, Jewelry Designer, Lauren Kara
What? Soho Elevator Building on Mulberry
How? Lauren and I looked about 10 apartments in the Upper East Side, Gramercy, The East Village, Murray Hill and Soho. The last apartment was the one she took- a modern studio in an elevator building on a prime block in the heart of Soho.
Best Thing about the Apartment? "It's bright with a big window....and a renovated bathroom! I also really like the proximity to the subway."
Worst Thing about the Apartment? "Well, if I did it again, I'd give up location for more space, but I'm glad I did this." Lauren thought for a minute, "worst thing is that I don't have room for a coffee table, a kitchen table and I only have one closet."
Best Thing about the Search? "I had you to take me places".
Worst Thing about the Search? "The walking! I had an old ankle injury that's flared up again."

No comments:

Post a Comment